Links to additional portions of this section are found in the left-side menu.
- This notice applies to information collected by the ASEBP via phone, mail, in person or online.
- "Personal information" is information that can identify an individual (e.g., name, home address, telephone number, social insurance number, etc.), and information about an individual (e.g., physical description, employment, banking, health details, etc.).
- ASEBP collects your personal information including name, home address, social insurance number from you; your employment/salary details from you and/or your employer; and your medical information directly from you and/or your health care providers.
- Information is collected at various times: when you apply for coverage with ASEBP, submit claims/expenses for payment under various benefit plans, and also if you apply for and receive Extended Disability Benefits.
Uses and Sharing
- ASEBP will collect and use your information to provide, verify and manage the contracted benefit programs and services, including:
- Determining eligibility for coverage
- Verifying, assessing and paying claims
- Conducting audits of claims
- Administering the terms and conditions of the benefit plans
- If you apply for or are in receipt of Extended Disability Benefits, your medical information is used to assess and manage your claim. The information may be shared with health care providers or other professionals (e.g., vocational) when seeking opinions regarding medical rehabilitation or return to work.
- ASEBP does not share medical information with your employer; your employer is only given the information needed to help you return to work.
- If you have a My ASEBP account, ASEBP will use your email address to confirm transactions you have submitted through your My ASEBP account or to notify you that action is required on your account. No other personal information will be included in the emails from ASEBP.
- Anonymized claims utilization data may be used to develop new or modify existing benefit programs and services to better serve ASEBP covered members.
- You may access and verify your information whenever you wish.
- You may withdraw your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information. Please note that if consent is withdrawn, ASEBP may not be able to process/pay your claims or continue payment of Extended Disability Benefits. For more information about the implications of withdrawing consent please contact a Benefit Specialist.
- If your personal contact information is incorrect or out of date, please contact your employer to have this information changed. Please contact ASEBP if you receive Early Retiree benefits or Substitute Teacher and Casual Staff benefits.
- If information is incorrect, please contact a Benefit Specialist so that we may review the information and, if appropriate, correct the information.
Your Privacy & ASEBP’s Mobile App
- Once you have downloaded ASEBP’s mobile app to your smart device you are able to view benefit coverage and claim information for you and your dependants via ASEBP’s secure server, located at ASEBP’s office
- All transmissions are encrypted using SSL technology
- The only information that will be stored locally on your device is your ASEBP ID card, should you chose to save it for offline use
- ASEBP will not have access to or monitor:
- your location via your device’s GPS, contact information, text messages or emails
- other applications running on your device
- ASEBP is a strong supporter of privacy standards and related government legislation. ASEBP is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, security and accuracy of your personal information. ASEBP's information handling practices are based on Privacy Legislation and the Ten Privacy Principles.
- Please carefully review all the information contained in this Privacy section, including the privacy definitions we use at ASEBP. If you have any questions, please contact ASEBP's Privacy Officer.